Roomorama.com is looking for a Junior Rails developer to assist our Singapore team in a dynamic, challenging and friendly environment.
Your responsibilities would be to assist our main developers in their work and help us develop new features for http://roomorama.com as well as help maintaining the current version of the product and help weeding out any bugs that might occur.
Full training will be provided, so as long as you can prove to be talented and hard working for you this means a chance to embark on a new challenge and further your experience in Rails programming as part of a small dynamic team that loves agile development and new technologies, work on a large and fast-growing customer-facing product, and hopefully have fun while doing it.
We practice pair-programming, so you will be learning alongside other experienced Rails developers and learning the tricks of the trade much faster than you could on your own.
We're looking for someone with the following skills and education
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- you are EAGER to learn and work hard
- you are Singaporean/PR (sponsorship not available for this position)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, SQLite)
- Ability to quickly pick up new languages and technologies
- A strong belief in clean and beautiful code and the discipline to follow existing formatting standards
- Good teamplayer and good written and oral english communication
- you have a couple side projects to show us (not necessarly rails)
Additionally it'd be great (but not required) if you had knowledge in the following
- Knowledge of Ruby and/or Rails
- Knowledge of testing frameworks (we use Cucumber/Capybara and RSpec)
- Knowledge of online project management and code management tools (Github, Lighthouse, Hoptoad))
- Experience building mobile applications
If you fit the profile and the job description sounds interesting please take a few minutes to fill in the questions below so we can get a better feel of who you are, and attach your CV and any other documents you think could be useful